Anniversary Activity: #WorkingTomorrow
Sign up here.
The Future of Work is now.
The way we work is changing, and it is changing fast. The accelerating rate of technology integration into today’s workplace has sparked a revolution that is fundamentally reshaping the world of work. The driver behind this “Fourth Industrial Revolution”, a term introduced in 2015 by Klaus Schwab, founder of World Economic Forum, are technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotech, quantum computing, autonomous driving, 3D printing and biotech. While these technologies hold great promise and are expected to afford considerable benefits to humanity, their far-reaching impact have also seen the emergence of challenges such as labor displacement by automation. It is therefore more important than ever for us to re-examine new paradigms for work in order to envision a better world for all of us.
Sign up here.
09.05 - 09.20: KEYNOTE SPEECH
Patrick Warnking, Country Director, Google Switzerland
09.20 - 09.30: Startup Pitching #1: Automation
Moderated by Lijun Zhang, Head of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, swissnex China
09.30 - 10.00: Panel Discussion #1 - The future of human-machine collaboration
- Prof. Dr. Vanessa Wood Incoming Vice President for Knowledge Transfer and Corporate Relations, ETH Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Nadia Magnenat Thalmann, Director of the MIRALab, University of Geneva; Director of the Institute for Media Innovation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Weini Winnie Qiu, Founder & CEO, Haalthy
Moderated by Sirpa Tsimal, Director Investment Promotion, Switzerland Global Enterprise
10.00 - 10.10: Startup Pitching #2: AI / VR
- Neural Concept
10.10 - 10.40: Panel Discussion #2 - Bridging the skill gap
- Prof. Dr. Gisou van der Goot, Incoming Vice President for Responsible Transformation, EPFL
- Dr. Samia Chasi, Strategic Advisor, International Education Association of South Africa
- Sairee Chahal, Founder & CEO, SHEROES
Moderated by Dr. Inez Von Weitershausen, Head of Learning & Outreach, Center for Leadership in the future of Work, University of Zurich
Moderated by Dominique Gruhl-Bégin, Head of Startups and Next-Generation Innovators, Innosuisse
10.40 - 10.45: Conclusion
Prof. Dr. Jochen Menges, Chair of Human Resource Management and Leadership, Department of Business Administration, University of Zurich
MC by Tanya König
Add activity to calendar